One key weakness that I found with my blog posts, however, is that they often lacked my own personal voice, even if they portrayed my personal opinion accurately. I often wrote these simply for the purpose of getting the assignment done and didn't always stop to think if my own voice was truly coming through in the post. These posts, at least in my opinion, were a little dull and I definitely could have made a better effort to make them more personal and interesting.
Overall I think my best portrayal of myself came out through the assigned essays rather than the assigned blog posts. I was able to choose my own topic for the essays instead of having to do an assigned one and was greater able to put my own personal taste into the writing and more effectively put an interesting voice into the words on the page. my blog posts simply seemed too dull and like they were done solely for the purpose of getting the homework done.
1 comment:
I agree with you that if posts were written in haste, they often did not accurately represent the people that we are. In your case, if you quickly did a blog post, you did not seem to have a voice. In my case, I believe that I still had a voice, but ended up severely lacking in content.
Post a Comment