Monday, November 25, 2013

Blog Post Reflection

After going through all of my blog posts, I noticed that my writing has improved significantly. In the beginning, I was very general with my statements and did not elaborate on ideas. The voices that I put into the online blog posts showed that I took it more personal and made more connections to it. For example, in written and print materials, I preferred to write in third person where as on blogs, I preferred first person. For printed materials, I tried to type it up in a way where it was hard to express myself but I feel more like myself online because I am able to express more and I can take my time to actually think about what I want to say. I also think that because print materials are strict on editing, it almost forces me to act like a robot and make sure everything on there was right. Print materials also make me feel stiff. This is why I often struggle writing printed materials. I also feel that online, I type the way I would speak in person if I were to answer the assignments. Through my previous blog posts, it seemed like I had more voice. For example, I could actually picture myself saying these things whereas I have to think about how I want to say it in printed materials. 

I feel that this is another side of how I present myself. It is not exactly the way that I always present myself but it just depends on the comfort level that I am in or how comfortable I am with expressing myself in the situation. Although I am often silent in LIS 201 discussions and other places, I can understand and see that I am more expressive through typing and writing when no one is there. Overall, it really depends on the situation and it's a combination of both. Eventually, I will go out of the comfort zone and be more active in speaking. I know that I cannot be like this throughout my entire life and that I will have to speak soon but in a situation like discussions where there are many people, I prefer to just observe and listen.

Overall, I feel that it's a combination to showcase my talents at its best because one cannot just judge based on one view. This is the same way like making conclusions of a person before getting to know how they really are when they are angry, sad, happy, excited, etc.. If I were to choose which would be the "most true" or most effective, I would have to say through my blog posts only because I am able to speak with comfort on here.

No comments: