Looking back on the blogs I wrote for this class, I can see a distinct change throughout. Near the beginning, I was somewhat collected and simple. This led to a somewhat formal tone, as I wasn't quite sure what I was doing, who I was writing to, or what I was writing about. They were all just "things". As time went on, my writing style became more casual and relaxed, as I gained a better grasp on exactly what in the heck was going on. I could cut loose. Except not at all.
The blog posts are probably the most casual thing I've consistently written for college so far, and even then, it's still very restrained. Many assignments have elicited a "Ugh, gotta do this thing" reaction from me, and if you look through my posts (Why would you do that), you'd be able to see exactly which assignments I was happy to write and others I did just to get done.
But even for the "happy" ones, there's a distinct lack of life in the writing, one I'll admit to. And it's because of that that none of what I've written here could be considered "true". It's all a well-collected facade to get done as an assignment. These assignments are presented as more casual writing opportunities, but it doesn't feel like it. We still have to follow the dotted line and just get it done. And the quicker we get it done, the closer we are to not having to do it again.
And that's why I learned to write a lot of my posts early. Just get it done and out of the way.
No comments:
Post a Comment