Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Second Life Avatar

While I did exploring Second Life, I realized that I wasn’t too thrilled with the game or the complex navigation and customization tools. I did originally start out with a Human, and played a bit with the clothing and customization and attempted to represent myself. However, I soon gave up with this, mostly because I become more frustrated at the numerous panels I had to navigate in order to change one simple detail.
.
In the end I decided to make my avatar a tank. The reason that I decided to make my avatar a tank is because of a show I watch called Red vs. Blue and one of the characters is Shelia, who is a tank. Lately I have been rather obsessed with the show, so I decided to model my image after her. Also, it was pretty awesome being a flying tank for a bit. Since I decided to represent myself as a tank, instead of being based off of a “living” creature, I don’t think the makers of “difference” are present in my avatar. 

Now that this assignment is finished, I am definitely going to be uninstalling Second Life. I am a person that is extremely picky about games, and the graphics of this game I cannot stand because of the low quality. In addition, I always have the wonderful habit of “breaking” games, but finding glitches or lagging out.

On a side note, I did make my avatar with a Rachael’s help, so we played a bit of virtual hide and seek afterwards. As you can see, she found me.


1 comment:

Joey L. said...

Second Life, not even once.

It is sort of neat that you can make your avatar as a tank, but yeah, it is NOT worth going through Second Life for.

The graphics aren't even the worst part. It's the whole subculture of the place. I didn't want to be there for a minute, so I just avoided it altogether.