Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Blogs

While looking over my blog posts since the beginning of this class I noticed a few interesting aspects of my writing. The posts that I would write Tuesday morning were usually of worse quality, often because I would rush to finish them before heading off to lecture. When I would write posts on Monday or Sunday night, they were usually much longer in length, and I would go into greater detail of my own experience with the assignment and/or something interesting that I noticed.

I also discovered that most of my blog posts were rather formal, usually lacking my personal voice. The one exception to this is the introduction blog posts, which I feel makes me appear more outgoing/open than I really am. I think the reason for my formality is that while writing the posts, I would think of just answering the questions that needed to be addressed, rather than focuses on my own experience.

Overall, I feel that I best portrayed myself through class discussions. During the discussions I would often build my own comments off of what others would say, and I what I am engaged in a conversation I am more open and personal with others. Also, during discussions I would also share stories about my own experiences relating to the articles we were discussing or interesting news I had discovered that related. Looking back at my blog posts, they appear rather dull compared to the engaging discussions I would partake in during discussion, with some posts appearing blatantly obvious that they were writing just for completions sake.

1 comment:

Te'Asia said...

Gabriella,

I like how you related the content you talked about in your blogs to discussion. I thought that was a very interesting comparison that I hadn't thought of! Cool post!