Monday, November 11, 2013

Manpower Inc. for Madison, Oconomowoc and Los Angeles

I decided to look at the differences between Madison, Oconomowoc (pronounced oh-con-no-mo-walk), and Los Angeles.

Madison:
I found three jobs: loan processor, liability claims examiner and customer service representative.  All these jobs required skills with customer service and teamwork.  I found it surprising that the customer service representative job required no computer skills, unlike the others.  This job was the only one that did not require a four year degree.  All of these were temporary positions, with the customer service rep being the shortest (2 months) to the loan processor being the longest (2 years).
I didn't find any of these jobs interesting.

Oconomowoc:
First of all, I there were many cities on the site from my area, so it was difficult to choose one. I chose Oconomowoc because it was probably the closest, and would have been the city I lived in had we not moved after I was born.

I also found three jobs in Oconomowoc: welding associates, warehouse associates and production welders.  These jobs make sense since Milwaukee is an industry heavy city (well, not as bad as others, but you know what I mean.)  Since Oconomowoc is near, if not part of suburbs of Milwaukee, it would make sense that they would have these industry jobs.  These jobs require knowledge in the type of labor and no education higher than high school.  All these jobs have the potential to be long term.

Los Angeles:
Why Los Angeles? Why not! I'm trying to get my degree in Communication Arts, so the West Coast would be a reasonable choice.

I found ten jobs ranging from account management to architectural consultant.  Eight of the ten positions were permanent and many dealt with technical work on computers.  Most of these jobs were analyzing data.  The skills were the basic requirements of teamwork, productive, having a degree, etc.


Overall  I didn't find any of these jobs interesting.  The jobs available were based off of the region the city was in.  Madison and Los Angeles had more computing jobs.  Since they are cities, I would expect more communication jobs and less physical labor.  Oconomowoc, on the other hand, had physical labor.  As stated before, it is located near Milwaukee, so that may have a factor in it.  Also, Oconomowoc is a town, meaning that there are less chances available.  Majority of the city jobs also required a four year degree, which was not required in the Oconomowoc jobs.  However, all of the Oconomowoc jobs and most of the Los Angeles jobs could become full time positions but Madison's jobs could not.

I guess location really matters in the type of job you are looking for.  Although none of the jobs interested me, I'm sure this site is helpful to others looking for jobs.

No comments: