Monday, November 11, 2013
Steve Coll Lecture
The lecture that was given by Steve Coll was very interesting and I saw many connections to other topics we have discussed throughout our FIG. When Coll began talking about the technology and journalism, I thought it was a very interesting topic. He mentioned that "We have spent too much time talking about the technology and not about the journalism". He also mentioned how technology can make us and journalism better. When he mentioned this, I thought that if he was meaning if we should not talk about the technology at all. This sparked a question in my mind, "Don't we need to know about the technology in order to use them for journalism?" If we don't know about the technology, we would not have the knowledge to use them for journalism and their importance. This is the point that I questioned after hearing his lecture, which I found very interesting to listen to overall.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment