Monday, November 18, 2013

My Avatar


So, here is my Avatar, as close as possible to what I actually look like. The process of making my Avatar was quite easy and didn't take that much time in doing so. I clicked on the link to go to ones that are like those available on the Nintendo Wii System called Mii. It was extremely easy and I had fun with it! My goal was to represent myself. I think it would personally be weird to represent someone other than yourself online. My favorite color is blue, so I chose that as the color of my shirt, and I used to have an afro (JewFro), and I also wear glasses. I added the facial hair because I usually grow it out. I never felt limited by my range of options in creating this Avatar. Race, gender, ethnicity, and other markers of "difference" are present within my Avatar. By choosing to represent myself, these markers of "difference" are present throughout my Avatar. There are other options as in one can make themselves a man or a woman and any color they really wanted to, I just went for the realistic approach.

This online assignment of creating an Avatar gives people the opportunity to be anyone and represent anyone or anything that they want to be online without stereotyping. I think it is essential that people chose whoever they want to be online.

No comments: