Doing this research on Manpower Inc. has been very interesting. My sister also works at a staffing agency, so the name has often come up with her conversations about work and competition with them. One of the things that she often tells me though is that they are very successful because of how big they are as a company and the variety of jobs they offer, which is something I found within my own research. For my three locations I looked up Madison, WI; Waukesha WI; and Chicago, IL.
As I expected going into my research, most of the jobs were located in Chicago, which were 13 of the 19 total results. These jobs were mostly those that dealt with finance and a few with costumer service, but in general they were all office jobs. Most specified some type of basic or higher knowledge/ experience with computers and software for creating something or data entry. An executive administrator assistant position specifically asked for experience with word processing.
As for Madison, WI and Waukesha WI, I only got 3 position results for each one. The kinds of jobs that came out of this search were more customer service and interaction geared. Only one really specified experience with technology which was a Loan Processor position in Madison.
None of the positions that I found through my research truly seemed interesting to me, but I did find it interesting that depending on where I live, I might have different opportunities at different positions. The results from Madison and Waukesha didn't really specify a lot of technological skills, but they did emphasize on communication and intrapersonal skills. So I know that if I stay here I would probably get a job where I am talking and interacting with costumers/ clients a lot more. Jobs in larger cities would probably be more "behind the scenes" and less interactive since they mostly required working with computers and other digital technologies.
1 comment:
Clara,
I find it really interesting that you've heard of this website before because of your sister. I find it interesting that Waukesha had 3 positions available. I'm sad to say, but that's more available jobs than what I found for Cleveland, which is the nearest city to me. Overall you wrote a really nice summary of your experience searching Manpower.
Post a Comment