Monday, November 25, 2013

Blog Post Analysis

After reading through my blog posts, I have noticed that overall I am a pretty formal student throughout all aspects of my classwork. Typically I am stronger at more structured, formal assignments rather than creative work and I believe that this can be reflected in my blog posts. Although sometimes this can cause my work to feel slightly impersonal, I think that it is the most effective way to clearly share a message or concept.

While reading other students blog posts I have noticed that they often incorporate a bit of humor or personality into their posts, I typically struggle to do so. I did noticed that on the blog posts my writing is slightly less formal and organized,  but I still see reflections of my writings on exams or essays. On the other hand, I think that through my class participation I expose more of my personal thoughts and experiences in a less formal way. Since in class my thoughts aren’t as planned out and structured as on paper, it is much easier to share random facts or ideas with the class.

Although the way I am preserved online may not reflect my behavior in class entirely, I think that it is important to have a balance. By having a more formal presence through my writing it helps to organize and explain my thoughts, while in discussion I am able to debate and rearrange my ideas to best convey my ideas with the class. Overall I am satisfied with the way I have presented myself through the blog posts, essays and in class discussions. 

No comments: