Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Powering ManPower Inc.

Okay, searching for Madison, WI led to a lot of jobs that could be seen as being located in the managerial field, namely product and talent manager positions. These didn't seem like jobs that required a great amount of knowledge in the information field. On the other hand, digging deeper, I found that these jobs were instead looking for people with bachelor's degrees and years of experience. This made it clear that these were very demanding careers here, much more than I initially thought. The duties expanded from there, and I found them all very skill-intensive.

Searching for my hometown, Sheboygan Falls, led me to the exact same listings I had found for Madison. Well then. Moving on.

Though I don't intend to live there at this moment, I searched on a whim for Seattle, WA. There were surprisingly few jobs being offered there, so I looked into the only one I could find, that being for a maintenance mechanic. This was a very different type of job in comparison to the last ones I looked at. Here, the requirements consisted of some basic technical skills and a high school diploma. It seemed like much more of a hands-on kind of job, as indicated by the list of tasks expected to be done by the person who gets the job.

Overall, I wouldn't say either job particularly interesting to me personally. I still don't 100% understand the first ones I looked at (And I read the descriptions) and the kind of hands-on work discussed in the second job listing is just something I have no skill in whatsoever. Despite that, both are permanent positions one could definitely find a use for, so there's no point in discrediting either. A job's a job, after all.

No comments: