Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Mii Avatar

When I first tried this assignment, I downloaded Second Life and attempted to make a personalized avatar that looked like myself. However, I could not figure out how to do it at all. The only thing I was able to see what a choice between a dozen or so pre-made avatars, so I really did not understand how to make my own. To avoid this problem, I decided to use an avatar-making service I was similar with, the Mii avatar used for Wii. This was very basic, and I think it kind of worked (except for the hair). Although it was easy to create this, I did feel very limited by the range of options. The personalizations were not as life-like as they might have been on Second Life. I was not able to get an accurate eye color or hair color or style. In order to find a more basic way to create an avatar, I had to use a program that did not have a lot of options. This avatar can easily be mistaken for one million other people, but with my skills in avatar-making programs, it was the best I could get.

No comments: