Tuesday, November 26, 2013

My Life as a Blogger

This semester, I have spent my Sunday and Monday nights contributing to this blog. Sometimes I felt passionate about the material and added a little extra content; other times, I did not quite relate to the given assignment and only wrote I felt necessary. Either way, I can now say that I've had experience with blogs.

While looking through all of my posts, I noticed that my writing became more relaxed and a bit more informal as time went on and as I began to get to know/feel more comfortable with my fellow figsters. When I wrote about topics such as the Memex or the old videos we had to watch about telecommunication, my posts were not as long and they were more formal. While these are more serious topics amongst some of the others that we've had, my writing reflected my possible uncertainty. My posts about more current topics such as social networking (or lack thereof for an entire weekend), I wrote much more. I was able to relate more current topics to my own life and felt the need to share more about my personal experiences on the blog. Obviously, I've never had an personal experience with the Memex.

I feel my blogs accurately represent my overall participation in LIS 201. During lecture or when discussing topics with which I am not well-versed, I usually don't talk very much. However, in discussion I like to contribute whenever I have an opinion or idea about something that I either know more about or that I can relate to my own life. This blogging aspect of the class has proven to be a new an interesting experience for me. Prior to this class, I had never considered participating in or contributing to the blogging culture before. Maybe know is the time to start.

1 comment:

UWrenorman said...

I noticed that my writing has become more relaxed as well. I wasn't expecting that, and I think it was surprising that I didn't notice it until now.
I wrote about the same amount for each post, but I agree that I was more passionate about some topics than others. The blogs I was passionate about usually had more links to other sites and information. Did you link more as well, or was the only change the length of your writing?
Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm surprised that we had similar experiences!