I think that my blog posts in this class do a pretty good job of reflecting me as I am. Although the writing style is much more formal than my vocal style is, I think that's just a natural result of it being sort of engrained into me - writing assignments, I think, are always more formal than a class participation discussion, for example.
I think it's hard to pinpoint one aspect of my scholarly career in LIS 201 as the "most effective" in showcasing my talents. They all showcase different things - in person in class is probably best for showcasing my skills in on the spot discussion, written assignments showcase my writing skills and ability analyze, and exam work showcases abilities to recall information. I think this goes for everyone, just as a general rule.
In my case, if I had to pick one as the best for me, I think I would have to go with my in person skills. I think that sometimes with writing, overthinking and second guessing can get the best of my performance. When someone speaks in class, what they say - although it may have been thoroughly thought out - has considerably less time to be processed than a writing assignment. So considering the decreased time frame, I think that in person, in class responses are a better reflection of my ability than anything else.
1 comment:
I had very similar ideas as you while reading my blog posts. I realized that often my in class discussions were a more effective way of getting my point across, and the need for more formal writing in order to keep my ideas organized on paper. I think it is important to have a good balance between being a formal and creative speaker and writer. I also think that it is very important to have good discussion skills to be able to think on the spot and be successful at speeches or debates in the future.
Post a Comment