In doing this assignment, I opted to try and create a simplistic and cartoonish Mii character instead of trying my hand at Second Life. I own a Wii and have experience creating avatars on that system, so I already had a bit of an idea what I was doing when I began. Besides, from what I had heard from other classmates, Second Life was difficult to catch on to and led to some weird experiences. Feeling unready for such an experience, I began creating my Mii character, which looks like this:
When I was creating this avatar, I decided to try and create a more literal representation of myself instead of something more outrageous. Although the creation system had all of the basic tools for creating a general representation of myself (curly brown hair, brown eyes, etc.), i found it difficult to create an avatar that truly looked like me. However, this i something that I've never really been great at, despite trying it countless times on my own Nintendo Wii at home. Overall, though, I think that this system is adequate for someone trying to create a general representation of themselves or one of their favorite characters (yes, there are even online communities built around this practice).This simplistic and cartoonish trait seems to be great for people who want to make simple representations of themselves or who want to make a completely funny and divergent representation from themselves. If they are looking to get more detailed, however, they should probably look elsewhere for that.
1 comment:
I agree with you. There are a multitude of possibilities for Mii creation, but it is still very hard to nail down specific traits. Cartoon Miis will always only look somewhat like the people they were designed to look like.
Post a Comment