Monday, September 9, 2013

Taylor Shiff Intro

Hey guys! My name is Taylor Shiff--people often greet me with, "When I read your name the first time, I expected to see Taylor Swift" or some other variation of how close my name is to this country/pop singer. It would be ok if people never brought that up again. Like ever. But for now, I nod, fake a smile, and laugh along to this coincidence, as if it's the first time I realized it.

I am from Plymouth, Minnesota. It's a suburb of around 70,000 people in the Twin Cities. My graduating class was over 800 people, so constantly meeting new people is not something new for me. Meeting new people has been so much fun, and as annoying as some of the icebreakers are, I have found out some really interesting facts about people from them.

At this point, I am very unsure about my major. I am leaning towards psychology right now, but it could really be anything. I took this FIG because I love to write (specifically blogging), and classes revolving around the Internet sounded really beneficial in this crazy world of technology. My blog is called Life in the Lost and Found Bin. It's a blog about figuring out who I am and what I am going to do with my life.

The description on my blog basically describes me:
Writer. Sister. Daughter. Granddaughter. Friend. Badger. Student. Concert Go-er.Reader. T.V. Watcher. Traveler. Volunteer. Creator. Story Teller. Bicyclist. Cupcake Enthusiast. Runner. Car Singer. Blue Belt.

I also LOVE music. Mat Kearney is a lyrical genius. One Republic's "Counting Stars" is my current anthem. And I basically want to be Carrie Underwood or Sara Barielles. Back at home, I spend a ton of time with three-year-old sister, and it breaks my heart every time I talk to her on the phone now and she asks when I am coming home! (She doesn't understand that I won't be home until Thanksgiving.)


I miss this face. Her name is Sydney, and you will probably here me randomly talking about her some time this semester. 

For more information, check out this blog post. Or follow me on Twitter

No comments: