Monday, September 9, 2013

Katie Flicker: Introduction

Hi! My name is Katie Flicker. I'm from Chappaqua, New York, a small suburb about 30 minutes from the city. I am the only one from my school to be here at UW-Madison, so it has been a big change. I am not decided on a major yet, but am interested in either business or communications. I decided to take "The Information Society," not only because of my love for the internet, but also because I think it would be helpful for my future in the business world.

In high school I was very involved in community service. I was president of a club that would organize volunteers to go to a neighboring elementary school every day and help the students with their homework and reading. I also worked at my local Art Center as an assistant to a after school pottery class and would take an adult pottery class at night with my friends. Over the summer I continued to work at The Art Center as a camp counselor. 

I also love to travel and learn about different cultures. Over the summer I went with my cousins to Mexico. We went ziplining, ATVing and swimming through the caves. I have always been very close with my family, but the trip allowed me to bond with my cousins before four of us went off to college. Although it has been difficult leaving my family, I am excited to get involved in many activities on campus including joining a sorority, getting involved in community service clubs, and meeting new people!  

Feel free to find me on Instagram or Facebook!! (Sorry, I'm terrible at twitter- don't hate me!) 

No comments: