Sunday, September 8, 2013

Rachael Norman's Introduction

Hello everyone who is taking the time to read this.  I'm Rachael.  I guess you want more of an introduction than that, don't you?  Well, here it goes.
I grew up in Nashotah, WI, which is about an hour away from Madison.  I have an older sister who is studying in England right now for her masters.  Growing up, the only pets we had were Guinea pigs and fish, so nothing all too exciting.  In the summer, I use to play softball and tennis for fun, so I wouldn't consider myself great by any means.
In the spring time, my family usually took vacations every couple of years.  I have had the opportunity to go to Mexico, Canada, England, Wales, France, Switzerland (for 5 minutes), Germany, and China (with school.)  I have also seen some of the states.  I consider myself incredibly lucky and grateful that I have had the chance to travel.
As far as school activities go, I invested all my time into Stage Crew.  Stage crew are the people who move props, program lights, run the sound board, and generally organize the technical aspects of a performance.  I basically lived at school everyday for four years, giving me little free time.  But I loved every second of it.
In my little free time, I usually watched a combo of YouTube and TV.  I'm a Nerdfighter who loves Doctor Who, Fringe, and The Walking Dead.  I can grantee you I will also be watching the new season of Survivor.  I have never missed a season.  I also love the Bioshock franchise, but I haven't played any of the games.
Well, I guess that's a good summary.  Oh, and why did I take the FIG?  I spend a lot of time on the internet, so of course the topic interested me.  I want to be more than just a user of the internet.  Also, I liked that with the FIG, I can get the Digital Studies Certificate.
See you in class!

No comments: