Hello All!
My
name is Scott Bembenek and I am from New Berlin, Wisconsin, which is only a
short distance from Milwaukee. I am incredibly excited to find myself here at
UW-Madison and look forward to eventually determining a major to point me in a
general direction in life. That is mainly why I joined this FIG- to explore
interests during the first semester of my freshman year (I also took it as a
result of passing out of many gen-ed requirements). I am an IB Diploma recipient,
and the IB (International Bccalaureate) Diploma Programme was a way of getting
myself prepared for college.
Over
the course of the summer I was a day camp counselor at the West Suburban YMCA
in Wauwatosa, WI, where I worked with kids from the ages of 4 to 13 years old.
It was a phenomenal experience that you’ll likely hear me talk about a lot. I
plan to return there as a counselor next summer as well (even though I’m not
particularly interested in working with kids as a career. In my free time I
enjoy reading, hanging out with friends, watching movies, listening to music,
etc.
Before
I go, I’d just like to say that I’m excited to start this FIG and get to know
everyone during our first semester here at the UW!
-Scott
p.s. Feel free to use any
nickname variation of Scott (Scotty, etc) when referring to me (whatever your
personal preference is)
No comments:
Post a Comment