Hi everybody! My name is Clara R. Huerta. I am originally from Durango, Mexico, but moved to the United States when I was four years old, and since then I have lived in the great town of Waukesha, WI (also known as guitartown). I have four sisters, three older and one younger who are honestly the greatest and most important people I know. They are my inspirations to come to college and succeed in life and why I am here at the University of Wisconsin- Madison.
Right now I am thinking about studying Communication Arts, Political Science, and or Legal Studies. I have yet to narrow down exactly what I will be doing, but for now I'm just trying to experience everything and get to know myself. I do know that I want to do something that will end up helping others either through non-profits, or government work.
For the past 4 summers I have taken part of the PEOPLE Program which is held on campus for 3-7 weeks. This past summer I was in SCE which is a 7 week long bridge program between high school and college. Along with the rest of my cohort, I was able to take 5 credits. It was A LOT of work, and many long nights trying to finish essays and homework, but it was very worth it. Thanks to this program too, I have become very used to the campus and people here so if you have any questions come ask me.
I am excited for this class because I think it is an extremely important thing to talk about considering where our society is moving towards. I also find it very interesting because there have been a lot of changes in my district back at home that involve moving students towards a more technological path that not everyone was pleased with, and so learning about the benefits and downfalls of this and just about the movement in general is something I really like thinking about.
No comments:
Post a Comment