My name is Ellen LeClere, and I'm currently working toward my Masters in Library and Information Studies at the UW. My research interests include film and performing arts preservation (I work part-time at the Wisconsin Center for Film and Theater Research) and teaching, of course! I am very excited to be a TA for this course, and look forward to working with you all.
I am originally from Iowa, and received my BA in Political Science and Sociology from Cornell College in Mount Vernon, IA. After I graduated, I spent two years working for a non-profit organization that supported the Wisconsin Historical Society, which fostered my interest in archival work (and also got me a lot of experience writing strategic communications and grants). This summer, I attended the Society of American Archivists annual conference in New Orleans, and presented a student poster on research I conducted about privacy and access issues in the archives, specifically the Freedom Summer Digital Collection at the Wisconsin Historical Society. I ate some really, really amazing food in New Orleans, including shrimp on a stick, wrapped in bacon, corn breaded and deep-fried.
In my free time, I love watching movies (my favorite movie is Face/Off), playing ultimate Frisbee, and wasting time at the Terrace. I have two cats who you will probably hear about a lot about in our discussion.
During the course of the first week, please write a short blog post (and feel free to comment on your classmates' posts), one paragraph, introducing yourself. Talk about your hobbies, family, friends, pets, whatever you wish to share. What are you studying at the UW? Are you involved in any extra-curricular organizations or sports? What was the most exciting thing you did this summer? What about "The Information Society" interests you most, and what are your goals for this class? Please complete this online assignment by the next lecture, 9/10. If you have any questions about the blog, please feel free to contact me at ellenleclere@gmail.com.
I look forward to meeting you on Friday, September 6th at 2:30 PM in Mosse Humanities, Room 2231!
No comments:
Post a Comment