Sunday, September 8, 2013

Joey Lorenz's Introduction

Hello all. My name is Joey Lorenz. I come from a small town in Wisconsin named Sheboygan Falls. It's a sleepy little burg with nothing of note to be found, but hey, it's home. I actually have an older brother who attends UW-Madison, while my sister goes to UW-La Crosse.

I suppose I am undetermined in my major as of now, though I am leaning very much towards English. I love to write and I love even more to observe other writings and analyze them. In other words, I love fiction. Not just books, but movies, television, video games, comics, you name it. Heck, when something's bad, I'm inclined to love it even more. You can learn just as much from a bad piece of writing as you can from a good one.

I play tennis, but I'm terrible at it. I bike, but I'm very slow. I'm not athletic in the slightest, but I try. My love of writing has made me interested in joining one of the newspapers on campus, so I may end up there. As for other clubs, I'd like to see them all lined up before I pick which ones to join.

Over the summer, I had a job painting street lights in my hometown. That was my summer. A bit of advice: If you're offered a job to work for the city, as in public works, you say NO.

In this class, I'd like to learn more about our society and how we interact with technology and the Internet. It is a core part of today's world, and will only become more important with time, so I feel that learning about it now would be beneficial to my future.

No comments: