Hey everybody, my name is Devlin Brush, in case you can't read the title of this blog or were just too lazy to. I'm from Milwaukee, Wisconsin (East Side!), and I went to Rufus King High School, where I was an IB Full Diploma student and recipient. As a fun fact, I was born in Switzerland, though I am not a citizen there. I currently have no idea what major I'll be going into, but enough people are telling me right now that that's okay that I'm going to assume that it really is okay, at least for now. I took this class as part of the Internet and Society FIG, but also because I am very interested in the way that the internet has become a part of our society and how it affects the way we live today.
I have a lot of small interests, but my one true love is music, especially hip-hop and indie. On top of the copious amounts of time I spend listening to my iPod, I also played the violin for 13 years of my life, have some small idea of how to play the guitar and the ukulele, produce hip-hop and electronic music, and pretend that I can rap (though it'll take a ton of convincing to get me to actually show anyone that.) Besides that, I'm not very athletic, but I did play baseball in high school. I also have a great interest in video games, though I tend to spend a lot more time watching, reading, and listening to podcasts about them than I actually spend playing them. I don't watch a whole lot of TV, but I love to watch the NFL and the NBA, and I watch Breaking Bad and It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia on Netflix.
I honestly don't know what else to really write here, as I sort of like to let people figure me out rather than telling them what they should know about me. I'm fairly shy and it takes me a long time to warm up to people, though you wouldn't be able to tell by the way I act in classes, so if we don't end up as friends after our FIG experience, that's just kind of the way I am, I probably think you're really cool in reality. Go ahead and add me on Facebook, Instagram (@muffingod), or, if you REALLY think you can handle my constant tweeting about rap music, random stuff I see and find funny, self-deprecation, and some girl you've probably never met, go ahead and follow me on Twitter (@_muffingod). I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you better, and hopefully having a successful semester here.
No comments:
Post a Comment