I went to the Washington International School for both middle and high school in DC. I loved WIS because everyone came from a wide array of cultural backgrounds and had lived in many different countries, often due to their parents jobs - diplomats of other countries, World Bank employees, etc. In 11th grade at WIS, all students become IB Diploma candidates. The IB (International Baccalaureate) is an international education program that takes place over the course of 11th and 12th grades. It was probably the biggest challenge of high school but I feel that it has prepared me for a college workload better than anything else. I was the first person from my high school to attend UW-Madison, as most people not only look at American universities but further into the world - my best friends are spread out among Canada, UK, Italy and France. This obviously presents a challenge in that it's rough to have them so far away, but I'm excited to visit them in all these different places.
Here at UW, I plan on applying to the Journalism School at the end of my freshman year in order to pursue a degree in Strategic Communications. Along with this FIG, I am also taking Intro to Psychology, because I feel that human behavior and "Internet and Society" go very hand in hand. I'm not sure where I want to go as far as careers are concerned, but I do know that I'm very interested in working in the field of public marketing, advertising, etc.
I look forward to joining many extracurriculars, including Greek life, student-run newspapers and possibly a dance club. In the summers, I love to travel to different countries and get to know new cultures. On campus, you can most likely find me in my dorm (Statesider), in the gym (I love to work out) or with my friends eating somewhere on State St (Roast!). I'm really excited to settle into this FIG and get to know everyone - feel free to find me on Facebook, Instagram (@elisagw) or Twitter (@eliiiiiiiisaa).
No comments:
Post a Comment