Sunday, September 8, 2013

Introduction to Mendy Yang

Hello Everyone!

My name is Mendy Yang. I come from a little city three hours northeast from here called Sheboygan. I am currently pursuing a degree in Business Management and Accounting. Although acceptance from University of Wisconsin - Madison's Business school seems like a long process, I still hope to achieve acceptance in there at the end of sophmore year. The reason why I am pursuing this degree is due to the experience I had in my previous job internship with financial institutions and the classes that I took in high school.

In high school, I participated in as many activities as I could like the school talent show crew, performing, and volunteering for several of community events. Things that I enjoy are things done in the outdoors such as hiking, running, sports, etc. I also enjoy meeting new people and socializing with others to gain wider perspectives. This summer, I actually participated in a 7 week program here in Madison and took classes as well as got the chance to get to know the campus a little bit more.

I am excited to join you all in this adventure in this FIG to find out what it is all about. I find this FIG rather interesting and slightly challenging but I am always up for a challenge.  I find it interesting because it's a course I have never seen and I think it would help to understand society and the technology uses as well as how we communicate and let the information flow through media. My goal is to learn everything there is to offer through this class. I am open to start any sort of conversations on any random topics so feel free to talk about anything with me or even saying hello. All in all, I am looking forward to what gets rolling in this semester's courses. See you all in class and discussion!

No comments: