Sunday, September 8, 2013

Estefan Saucedo

Hey! My name is Estefan Saucedo. I want to major in International Business. I was born in Mexico. My mom is from Michigan and my dad is from Mexico City. Which makes me a dual citizen! I love being able to travel between both countries and have all the benefits from both of them. I speak Spanish and English fluently.

I really like social media and music. I grew up playing guitar competitively and won state 2 times, Carlos Santana's nephew broke my winning streak. I also started getting into rock and roll and heavy metal. But I also really enjoy electronic music; so I started learning how to produce it and DJ it. My mom decided she wanted to move back to the U.S. 4 years ago.  I did high school in Minneapolis, Minnesota. I wanted to go back to Mexico to go to university there. I applied to UW Madison and ended up with the "Chancellor Scholarship." There are 60 of us Chancellor scholars and campus and it has been really fun meeting them.

The most exciting thing I did during the summer was go to "Summer Set." It's an electronic music festival. My favorite moment was crowd surfing on an inflatable penguin during Zedd's set. The festival lasted 3 days. It was one of the best weekends of my life.

I spend much of my time on twitter, youtube and tumblr. I decided to join the Internet and Society fig. What interests me about the Information Society class is the fact that in a way, we are studying ourselves and the way we spend much our lives. One of the things I hope to get out of this class is to get better at public speaking.

No comments: