Sorry for the colorless picture, I have absolutely no
markers, or color pencils, or crayons, but I really wanted to draw this. Also I
am no artist but tried my best.
My picture has a drawing of a computer connected to the
world with a USB cord. The world is revolving and I have stick people doing
different things, some are running into the computer, and some are running away
from the computer into the world. I even have one stick person on the USB cord
trying to pull it out of the world. In addition, I have a light bulb inside the
computer to signify all the innovations and ideas the information society
creates, and the technologies it has inspired. I have the stick figures doing different
things because, as people, we are adapting to things in the information society
in more than one way. We are all different, some people want the world’s
connection to technology and information to go away, while others embrace it or
run away from it in fear of a world to come. In addition to that, the USB cord
connected to the world signifies how the information society is connected to
the world.
So overall the underlying message that my drawing has is
that the information society, with its innovations and technologies not only
connects us with technology, but its success depends on society and its
adoptions in the world. Not everyone is embracing the information society as it
is. Many want to tamper with it or make it go away, while some accepts its innovations
with open arms. Nevertheless, it is a part of our society, and at this point,
it will be there whether we like it or not.
No comments:
Post a Comment