At first when I thought about asking my Grandpa to
describe to me most important information technology he used to use, I
thought he wouldn't know truthfully because he was to old. My grandpa Leon is
85 years old, but he's still got it. He plays tennis every other morning and
eats well for the most part. When I thought longer about asking him though, it
was perfect. So, after Thanksgiving dinner, I sat down with my Grandpa and
asked him what kind of technology he used to use.
My grandfather was a lawyer who worked in New York City from 1955- 1995.
He is an experienced veteran when it comes to law. Anyway, he said the typewriter
was the most commonly used technology he dealt with on a day-to-day basis.
Whether he used it for typing notes, documents, etc., he used it often. I asked
him, “How did you first learn to use the technology?” His response was simply,
“someone taught me, then I taught myself.” The one thing about my Grandpa is
that he is a stubborn man, so he just gave me simple answers. I then asked him,
“How difficult was it to master?” He responded, “Not at all, I got it in a
heartbeat.” I asked him a plethora of questions about the technology, but
unfortunately my grandfather isn’t the talkative type.
My entire conversation with my grandfather wasn’t so successful, but it
relates to this course in that the typewriter was an invention that sped up
information and information travel in that era. All in all, my grandfather
really didn’t provide me with enough good data to show how the typewriter, in
his experience with it, analyzes this course.
No comments:
Post a Comment