I feel that this class overall is a very challenging course because it covers a topic that is very broad and includes alot of things. So I do not believe any class can compare to our LIS 201 class. However, in searching through other classes I cannot say that I am that surprised that so many classes are choosing to be Hybrid Courses. I say this because in many ways our other FIG classes are similar to being Hybrid Courses and with this being my first year I have just come to think that this might just be the way that most classes in college are structured. I do know now that, that is not the case. But because of the way I came into this FIG and having everything provided online I did not really notice that this course had a special name to it, I just figured that is how things are done.
So if I compared this class to our other FIG courses, they are similar in a lot of ways because everything is focused on the internet so most of our content is on the internet and we spend alot of time doing things on the internet. This is actually causing me to be tired of the internet and I am actually using it alot less now that I use it so much for college. I miss the high school days I had were things weren't hybrid and every class was focused on a textbook and not the internet. Although that textbook was so restricting, I kinda miss its restrictions because the internet has so much to search through in order to find exactly what it is one might be looking for, when in a textbook you just have to flip a couple pages untill you see something you like. When it comes to learning more about students I would say that I learned alot about them online because the assignments were interesting and let their personalities shine. But I also learned more about the people they were, the values they have, and the opinions they form more in a personal setting. I think that is so because I am more of an oral learning, reading things online doesn't really do anything for me.
Overall however, my online experience did bring together my lecture experience in most cases. Everything seems to connect and be put in place for a purpose. I still do not completely understand what exactly the information society is however because the concept really just seems to big to even put a definition to but the only way I would understand it is if it had a clear definition. If this course wasn't in the world of information I honestly feel like I would've got a little more out of it because I learn more when people talk to me or talk me through things. Going on the internet and reading doesn't really help me put the pecies together as easy as it should be.
No comments:
Post a Comment