After reviewing all of my blog posts this semester (some of them being late, as is this one), I can confidently say my writing abilities within this space have improved quite a bit. I initially tried to sound casual and laid back, which I realized soon after is a poor way of approaching academic research and discussion. I eventually started to employ a more pedantic, succinct tone, doing the best I could to convey points lucidly and with a purpose.
I also noticed I tend to get to the point right away, and offer possibilities as to why these points be. I often examined different perspectives, offering various answers or solutions to the topic or issue at hand. That said, if I wasn't that interested in the talking points, I wouldn't exert a whole lot of effort to dissect the material; rather, I would approach the material with some general examination, but nothing that would turn it upside down. More interesting articles, on the other hand, allowed me to dig deeper into our content, which, obviously, I enjoyed more.
In LIS 201 I feel as though I best expressed myself through the papers and the discussions in section. When I'm forced to offer my thoughts and evidence in a formal, cohesive way, I do best. When it was the blog posts I felt like I couldn't go too in-depth, but at the same time I felt like we had to give some explanation to back up our thoughts and opinions. When presenting yourself to others, either on paper or in real time, you have the autonomy to say what you like, and what makes the most sense to you. I managed this in the blog posts, but not to the extend to which I did in the more formal, lofty settings of the course.
No comments:
Post a Comment