The Picture:
Explanation:
To me, the ideas of this class have all focused around one
thing: People change technology; technology changes people. Society is affected by technology in almost
every facet of life. From work, to
politics, to play, technology is involved.
And the same goes for technology on society.
In my picture, I wanted to illustrate that everything we
have talked about revolves around this idea.
For example, in the bottom right corner, I illustrated the Arab
Spring. Twitter did not only change the
politics, but also the news. Twitter was
a tool to change politics and news formats.
Another example is the assembly line on the left side. The assembly line helped create “more
faster,” which makes it not only an efficient tool for business, but also how
society wants the world. We have become
a right here, right now society, which might be attributed to tools such as the
assembly line.
I also depicted the library’s top choices. Although the best sellers list was made to
influence society, society influenced the best sellers list. It took society’s push for fiction novels
over the years to put more fiction books into libraries.
When I drew this, I also wanted to create a connection
between the people and technologies visually.
I used red on almost every person and technology. This red is supposed to visualize everything
on the paper that has been affected by people and technology, which should be
all. I highlighted “people” and “technology”
in red to show this connection.

No comments:
Post a Comment