Looking back on my blog posts for LIS 201 was pretty interesting. It was kind of a shocker to see how much time had passed since I first wrote my introductory post and this one. I doesn't really feel like the semester is almost done.
In regards to the actual posts though, I'm not really sure how I feel about them. I actually write for a personal blog, so the experience was not terribly foreign, but I don't post on that blog very frequently either. When I compare the type of writing I do for this blog and my other blog, I don't really notice much of a difference. It is when I compare this online writing to my academic writing that I notice the differences.
With my academic writing I almost never write in first person, in fact this semester has been the first time I have written "I" in a paper. So, compared to the posts for this blogs, the writing is a lot more personal and informal. I wouldn't say that the academic writing I do isn't personal though. While my blog writing is more casual I don't think it necessarily reflects me better, it says more about my thoughts and opinions but in general I think I keep my writing pretty academic, or at least not extremely casual. Even when I write emails and messages to people they tend to be pretty grammatically corrects and so on.
I think this accounts for why I had a somewhat easy time editing my posts. Of course there were some mistakes, but in general I did not have as many mistakes as I thought I would have.
No comments:
Post a Comment