I chose this book because not only did it sound interesting, but it also covered a broader spectrum that can be applied to a myriad of subjects. This book is about how we approach knowledge itself in a new, networked society in which information travels quickly and just about anyone has the ability to generate content on the web, regardless of whether they are considered an "expert." This seemed like a type of study that interested me and that I would like to dig deeper into, which lead to my ultimate decision. below the image of the book's cover are citations for two reviews of the book that I found (although the first is very short).
"Too Big to Know; Rethinking Knowledge Now that the Facts Aren't the Facts, Experts are Everywhere, and the Smartest Person in the Room is the Room." Reference and Research Book News 27.2 (2012)ProQuest. Web. 13 Oct. 2013.
Anderson, C. W. "Knowledge Has Always Been Networked: On Weinberger's 'Too Big to Know'" Yahoo Finance. The Atlantic, 3 Feb. 2012. Web. 13 Oct. 2013.
2 comments:
I was looking at this book too. I'm looking forward hearing your opinion on it. Were those the main two books that you considered, or were there a couple more that you were on the fence about?
Just based off of what I've read about the book, I'm sure you'll have a very interesting presentation.
Very interesting! This book should have a lot of good information and connect nicely to van Dijk's network society reading.
Post a Comment