The next thing I looked up was my phone number on the white pages, both home and cell phone and this was probably the most scary because it pinpointed my exact home location, which included a map to my home. When I entered my home phone I gave the names of two of my sisters my dad and my mom, but they all had different addresses, only one was correct. None of these were linked to me personally though.
When I Googled my name I started to find more information about myself, mostly from the various social networking sites I use, Twitter, Pinterest, and also an old picture from my Myspace profile, but ironically nothing came up from my Facebook, which is my main social networking site. I tried different combinations of my name, once including my middle initial, since I used it in school, and combined it with my hometown. I got various school searches such as my graduating class list on the local news station site, and also a list of girls that attended Badger Girl State in 2011. I did find an old Twilight fan site account that I had when I was in middle that I had completely forgotten about, it's kind of embarrassing now. I then searched my email. Nothing came up when I used my personal emails, but when I typed in my Wisc email I found some things like pictures connected to me, especially from twitter because they start the same way.
So what I discovered from this exercise is that a lot can found out about me with a couple of searches of my basic information on the internet, from where I live to where I go to school to who my closest family members and friends are. So I just hope nobody is truly hoping to find me because they could easily do so, but I guess they could also see, from all the information and sites related to me, that I'm not too bad of a person, at least I don't think
2 comments:
Clara,
I really liked the fact that you included photos in your post. They are very interesting and relevant to the information you have included. I know how creepy it can be to find the information of exactly where you live. In addition, I am surprised that nothing with Facebook showed up on your search, that was practically all the showed up when I searched my name. Thanks for sharing and this post was very interesting to read.
Clara,
I also enjoyed reading everything you had to say. I liked how you included all the pictures and how you explained everything. I am impressed by how much information you have found about yourself. I couldn't really find much about me or my family in the white pages or on Google. And besides that I found just randomness. It is pretty funny how people can just forget about something they've made in the past and how long it will stay there on the internet just how you left it. And don't be embarrassed about your Twilight fan page lol.. Twilight was the best!
Post a Comment