Finally, after doing some more research using sites like Amazon and World Cat, I decided that I would either read Alone Together: Why We Expect More from Technology and Less from Each Other orThe Culture of Connectivity: A Critical History of Social Media. Alone Together sounded really interesting, and it got mixed reviews. Some people said that her findings were very interesting to consider and even quite disturbing. Others thought she lacked authority and references on the topic. Ultimately, I was able to find samples from both books, and I decided that I was more interested in The Culture of Connectivity. There weren't very many reviews, because the book is from 2013. But from what I read, it looks like an interesting read.
Unfortunately, there were not any academic reviews of this book yet, but the reviews that exist are pretty positive. I am excited to start reading this!
2 comments:
I also was worried about choosing a book. Although, the book you selected seems interesting. Also, I noticed that we both had Alone Together:... as a possible book; it appears that quite a few people also considered that book too. As for your selected book being newly published, I'm in the same boat. Hopefully there will be some good reviews about your book being published soon!
Good choice - even though the reviews aren't out there, look online for popular sources reviewing the book to help give you a feel for what the book will be like to read.
It seems like van Dijck has the credentials to make this a good book for your multimedia assignment. I look forward to hearing more about the Culture of Connectivity!
Post a Comment